Last month, we had the pleasure of working with the gorgeous Sam and Matt at their Centennial Parklands wedding in Sydney, and it was E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!
Sam and Matt are the happiest, funniest and most-perfect couple together, so it's no wonder they didn't stop smiling and laughing their entire wedding day!
Sam is originally from Sydney and Matt is from the UK, and they currently live in Melbourne. Worlds collided at exactly the right time for these two to meet, and we're SO glad they did.
They brought us on board about 3 months out, to manage and coordinate their wedding day - there were going to be many plates spinning on the day, a DIY affair at the gorgeous Superintendent's Residence, and they absolutely did not want to have to worry about anything themselves #wefeelya
Matt, a super organised spreadsheet user, had put together the sheets of our dreams! It was sorted separately into each supplier, so all we had to do was compile it onto our HAB specific run sheet and checklist of tasks, which included:
* Putting ice into the cool room
* Sound testing equipment (you'd be surprised how often loaned equipment doesn't work!)
* Greeting guests, directing them and securing the house so there was no unauthorised access
* Helping family to their seats and handing out flower throw petals for the end of the ceremony
* Assisting other suppliers with set up, if required
* Operate music for the ceremony from the Groom's iPad (always have a back up, kids!)
* Move chairs from ceremony location to reception location, while keeping guests out (we were going for "the big reveal" and wanted to keep it a surprise until Sam and Matt could lead them in
* Put aside some of the grazing board for the Bride and Groom
* Move and recheck sound system and microphone for the MC
* Re-purpose floral arrangements
* And a billion other things that just come up on the day. It's normal :-)
For example, while Sam and Matt were off doing this....
The catering company were stuck in some serious traffic and were going to be an hour late! Our quick-thinking coordinator extraordin-ator Michelle, set a plan in pace to:
a) keep everything flowing smoothly and,
b) ensure the Bride and Groom didn't know
All-in-all, these two planned the most wonderful day, and having us there was just to ensure they wouldn't have to stress or worry about anything, and they could enjoy themselves fully.
We think they did...
Styled and flowered meticulously by Rustic Character
The Bridal Party Photography session:
#ShutUpTheseImagesAreTooGood thanks to The Salty Shutter
Curated by the Artisan Cheese Room (legen-wait for it-DAIRY!)
Beautifully MC'd by Sam's brother, Todd Burton
Live Band, The Shuffle brought the goods with their dance-inducing tunes
Now it's your turn to smile.... cue the "awwwwwwws"
We're not crying you are!
AMAZING SUPPLIERS AND DREAM-MAKERS:
Photography: The Salty Shutter
Styling and Floral Design: Rustic Character
Signage: Bridge & Co.
Celebrant: Rebecca George
Hair Stylist: Kayla Goss Bridal
Make Up Artist: Hayley McIver Make Up
Catering: Woodfired Street Pizza
Beverages: Stan from Airtasker
Ice Delivery: Mr Ice Man
Cheese Tower and Grazing: The Artisan Cheese Room
Band: The Shuffle
On-the-Day Coordination: Our gorgeous Michelle, THANK YOU xx